You will be taken by subway to downtown, emerging at Cinelândia Station, Cinelândia of Rio´s 1900s, with its relics of the French architectural influence such as the National Museum of Fine Arts, Theatro Municipal – the city´s Opera House, the National Library, Pedro Ernesto Palace (City Hall), the Cultural Center of the Federal Court. On the way to Carioca square we see the Naval Club, the Monastery Church of Santo Antônio and the Ordem Terceira de São Francisco da Penitência, a true cultural richness of the Brazilian colonial architecture (1622).
A visit at the Confeitaria Colombo, built in 1894 in Art- Nouveaux, Tiradentes Palace (State Hall ), Praça XV including the Imperial Palace (the first residence of the Portuguese Royal Family), the statue of General Osório, Mestre Valentim´s Fountain and through the Teles Arch, reach the cobble-stoned Travessa do Comercio and the former residence of Carmen Miranda, the Church of Our Lady of the Merchants, the Post Office Cultural Center, France-Brazil House, Bank of Brasil Cultural Center and Candelaria Church. Back to the hotels by sub-way.
Daily, mornings except Mondays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
Visits or stops: Cinelândia, Largo da Candelaria, Confeitaria Colombo, the Church of Our Lady of the Merchants, France-Brazil House when open, Bank of Brasil Cultural Center and Candelaria Church when open.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Subway fees
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers for passengers 5 years old and up
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide - English and Spanish always
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking to check if possible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
|Rio Walking Tour|
|Tour price per person||USD 45.00|
|Deposit per person USD 25.00|