After the pick-up in hotels, the tour continues with a visit to the Maracanã Stadium (Bellini´s statue) and a stop at the Sambadrome (the stadium for the city´s main Carnival parade). In continuation, we tour along Avenida Presidente Vargas to see the Central Railway Station, Duque de Caxias Palace (former headquarters of the Ministry of the Armed Forces), Itamaraty Palace (former headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs), Campo de Santana and via Avenida Passos to Tiradentes Square, Lapa Arches, Lavradio street and Avenida Chile. Visit the cone-shaped Metropolitan Cathedral, not only one of the Brazilian city`s landmarks, but also a masterpiece of modern art.
Then, visit In the bohemian neighborhood of Lapa , the Escadaria Selarón – one of the most fascinating and original staircases in the world. Its vibrant green, yellow and blue colors, which are colors of the Brazilian flag, is the artist Jorge Selarón’s personal tribute to the Brazilian people. In continuation, The São Bento Monastery, which has been compared to a museum, has a monastic simplicity making it one of the most beautiful architectural complexes in Brazil. There is a surprising contrast between the austere purposefully simple appearance of the exterior and the richness of the interior highlighting gilded Baroque engravings with plants motifs and the exuberant Rococo style in the engraving on the high altar, cross vaulting and Chapel of the Santíssimo Sacramento. On the way back, along Aterro do Flamengo, we see the Museum of Modern Art, the Monument to the Fallen in World War II, the Church of the Outeiro da Glória, the beaches of Flamengo and Botafogo and return to hotels via Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon .
Visits or stops: Maracanã, Sambadrome, Metropolitan Cathedral, Escadaria Selarón and São Bento Monastery.
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers for passengers 5 years old and up
- Child rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat with ID
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide - English and Spanish always
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking to check if possible
|Tour price per person - Minimum of 2 people||USD 45.00|
|Deposit per person USD 25.00|